Saturday, January 10, 2009

Ending the year of 2008

Seriously, 2008 came and went faster than I expected it to. I'm beginning to realize that the older I get, time flies by quicker! I noticed and learned alot in '08. I noticed how fast the kids are growing and how I only have a handful of years left with my older kids before they leave home to spread their wings in whatever endeavor the choose to follow...school, missions, love, etc. Or just to get away from their crazy mom! I honestly have so much to be grateful for in my life and there's really no sufficient way to express my gratitude for all I am blessed with. In 2008, my youngest, Kalvin (#5), learned to count to 12, learned and accepted the whole "Mommy has to go to work now" concept, sit through a haircut, pick his own clothes out, and other AMAZING things only myself would consider to point out. My numero cuatro child, Aolele, graduated to the toilet, gained opinions and thoughts, stayed in Nursery without me having to sit in then sneak out, became very aware of her physical self (Mommy, i wanna be cute. Can u make my hair pretty?) Speaking of hair...she also gave herself her 1st haircut...spikey bangs and all. My middle moffat #3...To'ilose started Kindergarten this year. Big one! Also, she knows how to find specific songs in wmp that she loves and girl cannot read that well either, and so it be interesting to actually find out her method of finding these songs. She climbed the rockwall at our local rec center with no harnesses mind you and passed the black line (which amateurs must pass). My oldest son and second born, Raasse, started his 1st year in tackle football. Basketball skills improved, more confidence on the court. Still my shy and quiet child (at school and public places) but at home, a rowdy jokester. Seijah my number #1 danced her first tau'olunga, tried out for comp soccer and made Avalance Premiere U-10 (1st yr), cooked her own saimini (lol), learned to actually ENJOY and LOVE reading (finally), etc. etc. I really could go on and on and on.... but there's only so much I can type before you start skimming to the end of this blog if you haven't already.

1 comment:

Jenilyn said...

OMG!!! your kids are getting soooo big! i miss them all! can you tell annie to call me when you guys get together already! hahaha!! love the blog vina!